Athlete’s Foot Treatment in Dubai UAE : Check Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Cost & Treatment Details of Athlete’s Foot Treatment in Dubai. Best Dermatology Clinics in Dubai for Athlete’s Foot Treatment.
Athlete’s foot or Tinea pedis, is a fungal infection of the skin on the feet. This infection may also spread to the toenails and hands. Athlete’s foot is usually more severe in people with diabetes and weakened immune system. Males are more likely to develop this infection. Athlete’s foot is common in individuals whose feet often get sweaty and those who wear tightfitting shoes regularly.
What is athlete’s foot?
Athlete’s foot — also called tinea pedis — is a contagious fungal infection that affects the skin on the feet. It can also spread to the toenails and the hands. The fungal infection is called athlete’s foot because it’s commonly seen in athletes.
Athlete’s foot isn’t serious, but sometimes it’s hard to cure. If you have diabetes or a weakened immune system and suspect you have athlete’s foot, you should call your doctor right away.
Who is at risk for athlete’s foot?
Anyone can get athlete’s foot, but certain behaviors increase your risk. Factors that increase your risk of getting athlete’s foot include:
- visiting public places barefoot, especially locker rooms, showers, and swimming pools
- sharing socks, shoes, or towels with an infected person
- wearing tight, closed-toe shoes
- keeping your feet wet for long periods of time
- having sweaty feet
- having a minor skin or nail injury on your foot
What are the symptoms of athlete’s foot?
There are many possible symptoms of athlete’s foot, which include:
- itching, stinging, and burning between your toes or on soles of your feet
- blisters on your feet that itch
- cracking and peeling skin on your feet, most commonly between your toes and on your soles
- dry skin on your soles or sides of your feet
- raw skin on your feet
- discolored, thick, and crumbly toenails
- toenails that pull away from the nail bed
Athlete’s Foot Types
There are four types of athlete’s foot.
- Toe Web Infection: It may be called as interdigital infection since it occurs on the skin in between the fingers or toes.
- Moccasin Infection: It refers to the fungal infection of the sole of the feet. If not treated, the rashes on the sole may spread along the heel and side of the foot also.
- Vesicular Infection: These are the fungal infection of foot characterised by vesicles or blisters.
- Ulcerative Infection: In rare cases, painful sores or ulcerations may develop on the foot. These ulcers are painful and may get infected if not treated properly.
Athlete’s Foot Causes
Athlete’s foot is caused by the fungi belonging to a group called dermatophytes. These fungi also cause jock itch and ringworm. Fungi grow in moist, warm areas and feed on keratin, a protein found in nail, hair, and skin. Tinea pedis is mildly contagious. It spreads through direct skin contact and by affected skin cells which may be present on the towel, floor and around pools. Rarely, this infection may be caused by yeast and other non-dermatophytes.
Athlete’s Foot Symptoms
The possible symptoms of athlete’s foot include:
- Stinging and itching on the soles of the feet
- Developing blisters on the feet
- Cracking and peeling of the skin
- Drying of skin on soles of the feet
- Discoloration, thickening and crumbling of toenails
Athlete’s Foot Risk Factors
Individuals who are at a greater risk of acquiring athlete’s foot include:
- People who walk barefoot in damp public places like swimming pool, showers and locker rooms
- People who share shoes, towels with an infected person
- People who wear closed-toe shoes
- People who have sweaty feet
- People who have nail or skin injury on their foot
Athlete’s Foot Diagnosis
A doctor can diagnose the athlete’s foot by clinical examination of the skin. The following tests may be required to find out the exact cause of the skin rash:
- Potassium Hydroxide Test: The physician may scrape a small area of the affected skin and treat it with, potassium hydroxide (KOH) solution. KOH solution destroys all non-fungus cells. This test helps to confirm fungal infection of the skin.
- Skin Culture Test : In this test, a sample of skin is collected and is cultured to determine the organism causing skin infection.
- Skin Lesion Biopsy Test : Skin sample is collected and tested for skin diseases. A biopsy test is usually done to rule out skin cancer.
Athlete’s Foot Treatment
Athlete’s foot can be treated with over the counter(OTC) or prescription antifungal drugs based on the severity of the condition:
OTC Topical Antifugals: The OTC drugs include Miconazole, Clotrimazole and Butenafine
Prescription Medications: These are administered when the infection is severe. Some drugs include: Fluconazole, Itraconazole, Topical steroid and oral antibiotics.
Home Care or Alternative Therapy Athlete’s foot may be treated by soaking legs in the salt water or diluted vinegar which helps to reduce blisters. The following oils can be useful to reduce the symptoms of athlete’s foot:
- Tea tree oil
- Bitter orange oil
- Sunflower oil
Athlete’s Foot Prevention
The following are the preventive measures for athlete’s foot:
- Keep the feet clean and dry, especially your toes
- Avoid water-resistant synthetics shoes
- Wash your socks and towels in hot water regularly
- Wear socks made of cotton or wool
- Change the socks when it gets wet
When Should You See a Doctor for Athlete’s Foot?
When it comes to rashes, many people find themselves not wanting to talk about their symptoms. But in the case of a more serious rash, like athlete’s foot, it’s important to be able to talk to a doctor about your symptoms. Athlete’s foot is a very common, itchy red rash between the toes. While easily treated, athlete’s foot can become a more serious problem if left untreated. This article is going to discuss some common causes, symptoms, and treatment options for athlete’s foot as well as when it’s time to see a doctor.
If the rash continues to worsen despite treatment, it’s time to visit an urgent care center. Fortunately, there are about 20,000 physicians who specialize in Urgent Care Medicine so you won’t have trouble finding medical help. You should see a doctor if the rash looks infected, the rash has turned into ulcers and is leaking fluid, the rash has spread to your toenails, or if it’s simply not going away. An urgent care physician may prescribe a stronger medicine to kill the fungus.
Generally, athlete’s foot will go away with the help of a basic antifungal treatment. However, if it doesn’t go away or continues to worsen, it’s important to see a doctor in Dubai to get the medical treatment you need to kill the fungus.
Prevention of Athlete’s foot
There are many things an individual can do to avoid athlete’s foot such as maintaining proper hygiene and washing your feet with water and soap and drying them off properly every day. The area between the toes should be cleaned and dried off thoroughly. Use anti-fungal powder for your feet every day.
Disinfecting your shoes by using disinfectant sprays and wipes. Do not share your towels, socks and shoes with others as this might result in spread of the infection. Wear sock and footwear made of breathable fibres and material that also wicks away the moisture from your feet.
Change your socks and shoes whenever your feet start to sweat. staying bare foot or in footwear like slippers is suggested at home to air out your feet and remove the moisture. Moisture helps the spread of fungus, to prevent athlete’s foot keep your feet clean and moisture free. Change between two or more different pair of shoes every other day to let each pair dry out between uses.
Make sure family members with athlete’s foot are treated to avoid the spread of the infection to other family members.
Athlete’s Foot Treatment in Dubai UAE : Check Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Cost & Treatment Details of Athlete’s Foot Treatment in Dubai. Best Dermatology Clinics in Dubai for Athlete’s Foot Treatment. Athlete’s Foot Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis & Treatments. Athlete’s Foot Treatment, Medications, Creams, & Sprays. Athlete’s Foot Treatment, Symptoms, Causes, Cream & Home Remedy. Athlete’s Foot Home Treatments, Remedies, & Cures.
Dermatologists Dubai : At dermatologist Dubai clinic, you can easily find the best skin specialist in Dubai. Our dermatology clinic in Dubai is the best one-stop solution to all your skin related problems and issues. We have expert and famous skin specialist in Dubai who can easily diagnose your skin problem and suggest treatment based on your skin type. The entire procedure is simple and very effective.
Skin Specialist in Dubai : Whether you are suffering from skin rashes, allergy, acne, warts etc., you can easily book an appointment with the best dermatologists in Dubai at Dubai dermatology clinic, you can get rid of those ugly skin problems that lower down your self-esteem and make you feel inferior to others. Dubai dermatology clinic consists of famous skin specialist in Dubai who are adept at restoring your skin to its former glory.
Skin Clinic in Dubai : If you are looking to find the best skin doctor in Dubai or dermatologist in Dubai, look no further and book your appointment with Dubai dermatology clinic right away! The skin care doctors in Dubai working at Dubai skin care clinics are expert in their area and have an experience of many working years. Our best skin specialist in Dubai can easily treat the diseases of the skin, hair and nails easily. They know what your skin needs and are good at dealing with the cosmetic disorders of the skin like scars, etc. When it comes to finding the right skin doctor in Dubai for yourself, contact our best dermatologist in Dubai.
Skin Doctor in Dubai : Everyone wants to look beautiful with a radiant skin. But due to pollution and lifestyle changes, it all takes a toll on the skin. The skin looks dull and weary. Nothing feels the same. There is a sort of dullness which lowers the self-esteem. When skin problems trouble you, you should immediately book an appointment with best skin specialist in Dubai to deal with it. The expert team of top dermatologists are sure to cure all your problems with ease. All you need to do is book an appointment and let the famous skin specialist or dermatologist doctors in Dubai heal your skin from the root to avoid any future reoccurrences of the problem.